You are finding OBD2 scanner for Kia Vehicles? Remember that you don’t need to be an expert mechanic to diagnose the check engine light in your car. All you need is your very own OBD2 scan tool so you can fix and repair your car without paying big money at the dealership.
But like most cars, even Kia vehicles are not
spared from issues with trouble codes. Sure, these vehicles have a long warranty, but when that check engine light comes on, it is best to diagnose the problem yourself rather than spending an entire day at the dealership.
In order to read and diagnose OBDII trouble codes in your Kia, you need a quality OBD2 scanner, preferably one that is compatible with all OBD2 protocols. With that inmind, we decided to test quite a number of scan tools so we can come up with the 3 best OBDII scanners for Kia.
Image Product Rating See More
1.ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth - High speed scan tool
- Wireless diagnostic device
- Free android app & windows software
- Maximum Vehicle Coverage
- Satisfaction Guaranteed
4.1 / 5 Check Price
2.Innova 3160g Reader/Scan Tool - Bluetooth connectivity for live data streaming and graphing.
- Illuminated DIN plug for OBD II port.
- Read and reset any system code for your onboard computer.
- Offers a wider array of capabilities and features
4.3 / 5 Check Price
3.LAUNCH CREADER VII+ CRP - Pocket sized scan tool for quick live readings around the shop.
- Lots of included accessories
- Simple interface with printable data sheets and graphs
- Pocket sized scan tool that will work well with any model car
4.4 / 5 Check Price
In order to read and diagnose OBDII trouble codes in your Kia, you need a quality OBD2 scanner, preferably one that is compatible with all OBD2 protocols.
We will evaluate the 3 best options for you.
1.ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth for Kia
- Brand: OBDLink
- Model: 427201
- Item Weight: 1.12 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 1.8 x 0.9 x 2 inches
- Item model number: OBDLink
- Batteries : 1 Lithium ion batteries required.
- Manufacturer Part
- Number: 427201
- Folding: No
- Cover Included : Quick Start Guide
This is tool another great of OBD2 scanners for KIA.This is tool Professional Grade OBD-II Automotive Scan Tool for Windows and Android – DIY Car and Truck Data and Diagnostics.
Besides, the ScanTool LX Bluetooth is specifically designed to work on both Android devices and Windows laptops. This relatively tiny scanner can transform your smartphone, tablet, or laptop into a professional-grade scanning tool.
KEY FEATURES: ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth for Kia
- BatterySaver sleep mode
- Bluetooth v3.0 interface
- Supports all OBD-II protocols
- WIRELESS DIAGNOSTIC DEVICE
- HIGH SPEED SCAN TOOL Up to 4x faster than the closest competitor
- BatterySaver technology
- Read & clear check engine light
- Works on smart phones, tablets, & PC’s
- Works on a wider range of vehicles
- Free Android app & Windows diagnostics software
Why choose ScanTool OBDLink LX Bluetooth?
LX accelerates apps and software up to 400%. The ultra-fast response times let you enjoy accurate, detailed graphs and smooth, realistic virtual gauges.
Especially with LX’s innovative sleep function lets you leave it plugged in without danger of draining your car’s battery.
Utilises a unique multi-layered link security mechanism, eliminating the risk of unauthorized access.
Check diagnostic codes yourself and make informed repair decisions.
Turn your Android or Window smart phone, tablet, laptop, or PC into a sophisticated diagnostics tool and performance monitor. (Note: Not compatible with Apple iOS products).
OBDLink’s advanced algorithm enables LX to connect to more OBD-II compliant makes & models than any other scan tool. It also supports EOBD, JOBD, and all other international variants of OBD-II.
Apple iOS devices are not compatible,This product is not compatible with hybrid or electric vehicles.
Pros of Obd2 Scanner for Kia
2.LAUNCH X431 Creader VII+ (CRP123) for Kia
- Brand: LAUNCH
- Model: LAUNCH X431 V+
- Item Weight: 13.23 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 5.9 x 9.8 inches
- Item model number: LAUNCH X431 V+
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Manufacturer Part
- Number: LAUNCH X431 V+
- Folding: No
- Cover Included: 1*LAUNCH X431 V+
LAUNCH X431 Creader VII+ is tool another great of OBD2 scanner for KIA.
This is Auto Code Reader EOBD, OBD2 Scanner Scan Tool Testing Engine/Transmission/ABS/Airbag System Update via PC.
This is an OBD2 scanner that is affordable for KIA owners and is able to scan the ABS, SRS/Airbag, Engine and Transmission on Kia cars, SUVs and VANs. As a Kia owner who needs to know why the transmission is not shifting or why the ABS or SRS lights are on, this is a great scanner.
It has a nice display and a lot of nice built-in features such as showing data streams.
The unit has a wide compatibility with many vehicles including Kia.
It is easy to use and it costs as much as one visit to the mechanic.
KEY FEATURES: LAUNCH X431 Creader VII+ (CRP123) for Kia
- Retrieves generic (P0, P2 ,P3 and U0), manufacturer specific (P1, P3 and U1) codes, and pending codes
- Easily determindes the cause of Check Engine Light
- Turns off MIL, clears codes and resets monitors
- Displays DTS definitions on the 320*480 TFT corlor screen
- Views freeze frame data
- Displays monitor and I/M rediness status
- Reads live PCM data stream
- Displays live O2 sensor test data
- Performs modules present test
- Enhanced OBD II Mode 6
- Graphs Display, Data Record& Replay and DTCs tips guide users to the root cause of trouble code faster, saving diagnosing and repari time
- Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN )
Why choose LAUNCH CRP123?
The LAUNCH CRP123 can do full 10 obdii mode of engine systems and test 4 systems (ENG/TCM/ABS/SRS) ) .
Show 4 live data stream via graphical view.Quickly determines the cause of Check Engine Light, Performs modules present test, Enhanced OBD II Mode 6, Retrieves vehicle information (VIN, CIN and CVN ), Print Diagnostic Report Function.
3.5 TFT color display , graphical operation interface.Build in DTC definition library, durable TPU protect red shell.It comes with longer OBDII Cable & usb update cable.
-Works on most European, Asian and Domestic vehicles
-Can troubleshoot Engine, Transmission, ABS, and SRS/Airbag
-Can read and clear Engine DTC Code.
-Live Data Stream.
-Oxygen Sensor Testing.
-Works on vehicles manufactured after 1996 until now.
The LAUNCH CRP123 comes with lifetime free update and online tech support. UCAR offer 3 years warranty and 100% refund within 1 years if the item has issue.Ater seles support online to solve any problem about the LAUNCH CRP123.
3.Innova 3100j Diagnostic Code Reader for Kia
- Brand: INNOVAModel: 3100
- Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 8 x 1.5 inches
- California residents: Click here for
- Proposition 65 warning
- Item model number: 3100j
- Batteries: 3 AA batteries required. (included)
- Manufacturer Part Number: 3100j
- Cover Included: Code Reader^Top Blister^Bottom Blister^Burst Sticker^Insert Card^OBD2 Cable^USB Cable^AA Alkaline Battery (2)^Quick Reference Guide
We had no doubt that the Innova 3100i can do the job well, because it is one of the bestselling corded OBDII scanners in the market today.
The 3100 auto scanner is compactly built for simple use.It’s great for quickly showing you why the check engine light is on. It has a large colored screen with backlit for reading outcomes in brightly or dimly light.
KEY FEATURES Innova 3100j Diagnostic Code Reader for Kia :
- -Battery or alternator tests, check the performance of a car’s battery and alternator
- -Backlit LCD screen for displaying different results
- -It will let you know if you can pass the emission test
- -Compact design for easy handling and use
- -It is able to read and erase ABS light trouble codes for most Chrysler, Ford, Toyota, GM, and Honda vehicles.
- -It works on all 1996 and newer light truck, SUV, car, and hybrids.
Why choose Innova 3100j obd2 scanner?
-Patented all-in-one screen and easy-to-use hot keys make the 3100 an ideal tool for the DIYer and professional technicians alike.
-This scan tool is able to indicate why the check engine light is on, perform battery/alternator test, read ABS and SRS trouble codes, among many other functions.
Besides, it can also detect and read ABS trouble codes on any foreign or domestic vehicle that use the OBD2 protocol (all 1996 vehicles and newer).
The Innova 3100j OBD2 scanner for Kia is also equipped with a freeze frame feature that shows the condition of the engine when the malfunction indicator lamp turned on. This is especially useful for tuning purposes, or if you like modifying your car.
So,we had no doubt that the Innova 3100j can do the job well, because it is one of the bestselling corded OBDII scanners in the market today.
Customer Support: Support in English and Spanish available Monday-Saturday from our ASE certified technicians in our Headquarters located in Irvine, California.
The Innova 3100j sease of use makes it ideal for entry level DIY users, while its advanced features and benefits assist professional technicians. Saving both time, and money.
Pros of Obd2 Scanner for Kia
Which is the best OBD2 scanner for Hyundai and Kia? It really depends on your needs and budget. Choosing an OBD2 scanner that will allow you to perform advanced troubleshooting can be tricky.
As we mentioned earlier, if your main goal is only to read and clear the Check Engine Light than all you need is a basic OBD2 code reader. If your goal is to perform in-depth troubleshooting these are your top choices.
The scanners listed here do just that and provide similar or close functionality to dealer level scanners yet don’t cost as much and are reasonably priced for DIYers.
Note that the scanners listed here work in both Hyundai and Kia. Even though Kia is a different brand its parent company is Hyundai Motor Group and they both share the same software.
Read More: Best Obd2 Scan Tool For BMW