The Launch X431 Creader VII+ obd2 scanner is a comprehensive and compact automotive diagnostic tool. It’s one of the most affordable professional diagnostic tools you’ll find, to boot. This makes it just as viable for tinkerers and hobbyists as it is for professionals.
One of the best things about the Launch Creader VII+ is how easy it is to use. Navigation is simple even if you’re not a car expert. The model and mode selection are intuitive. Our only complaint about the screen is that it’s a bit small, at only 3.5”, which can make it hard to read all the data.
Launch creader vii+ obd2 scanner reviews
4 Systems Diagnoses:
LAUNCH scanner VII+ can read/erase codes, view live data stream and turn off the warning lights in the Engine system, Transmission system, ABS and SRS.
Full OBDII Functions:
The obd2 scanner features all 10 OBDII test modes, such as I/M Readiness, Live Data Stream (in graphic format), O2 Sensor Test, On-board Monitor Test, etc.
LAUNCH scan tool VII+ has an ergonomic handheld design with 3.5” TFT display, user-friendly button layout, and a wear-resistant housing, for simplicity and durability.
Fast and Intuitive Operations:
LAUNCH VII+ OBDII scanner has a fast and intuitive operation through an easy-to-use interface and responsive operating system.
The vehicle code reader is compliant with all the OBDII protocols: J1859-41.6, J1850-10.4, ISO9141, KWP2000 (ISO14230), and CAN (Control Area Network ISO 11898).
Multilingual Built-in DTC Lookup:
LAUNCH VII+ is equipped with a built-in DTC library combined with multilingual menu, including English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Japanese, and Portuguese.
Supports data recording and playing back.
Provides lifetime free online update service.
Functionality of LAUNCH VII+ OBDII scanner
For Engine System
The scan tool LAUNCH creader vii+ can read/erase codes and view live data in the engine system to help you easily determine the cause of the warning light, and troubleshoot the issues, checking the engine real-time operating status, and turning off warning light to make sure the engine works properly.
For Auto Transmission System
The OBD2 scanner reads and clears codes and views live data in transmission systems, and helps make adjustment to keep the transmission system’s output optimally adapted to the speed and load. Knowing the exact cause of a transmission’s woes means you can get it repaired as quickly as possible and at minimal expense to you.
For ABS (Anti-lock Braking System)
With this code reader, you can access the ABS reading and clearing DTCs and viewing real-time data flow in the system. It also supports performing various bi-directional tests to check the operating conditions of Anti-lock Braking System, and turn off the warning light.
For SRS (Airbag)
Read and clear fault code in SRS (Airbag) and turn off warning light of airbag for making sure engine work properly and safely. This scan tool allows you to read codes, clear codes, and read live data in Supplementary Restraint System (airbag) to ensure it works fine.
10 OBDII Test Modes
The LAUNCH code reader Creader VII+ is an enhanced scan tool specially designed for most 1996 and newer OBDII-compliant vehicles. Compared to basic OBD2 scanner/code readers, it provides complete OBDII diagnostics, including:
- Read and Clear DTCs: Show the detailed description of the Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) and clear/reset the diagnostic information.
- Turn-off Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL).
- Read I/M Readiness Status: Show whether the various emissions-related systems on the vehicle are operating properly and are ready for inspection and maintenance testing.
- Read Freeze Frame Data: Check the certain vehicle conditions which are recorded by the on-board computer at the time the emission-related fault occurs.
- O2 Sensor Test: Show the last results of O2 sensor test in graphic display for troubleshooting.
- On-Board Monitor Test: Read the results of on-board diagnostic monitoring tests for specific components/systems.
- Read Vehicle Information: Display the information such as VIN (Vehicle identification Number), CID (Calibration ID) and CVN (Calibration verification number), etc.
- EVAP Test for Fuel Tank System (Carbon canister test).
- Read Live Data Stream: Show the information of continuous data stream from vehicle in live graphic (waveform) display.
Launch X431 Creader VII+ comes with quality software which enables it to run without any difficulties.
When it comes to updating the software, the process will be much easier since you only need an internet connection to download the updated version from their website.
The software is free and compatible with Windows 10 and 8, Windows 7, and Windows XP.
However, when updating the software, always ensure that your antivirus is turned off.
How to Update of LAUNCH VII+ OBDII scanner ?
There are two methods to update the device: Update via TF card (strongly recommended) or update via USB cable.
- 1: Download and install the Creader VII+ Updating tool (only under Window XP or Windows 7, Windows 8 operating system) on our official website (refer to the manual), and launch the program.
- 2: Enter the Product Serial Number (located at the back of the tool), and hit [Upgrade] and enter the register page, type your email address and “Register Code” (check the “Register Code” on the “Help–Tool Information” menu), then hit [Submit].
- 3: Install the TF card from the tool into the supplied USB TF card adapter and insert into the USB port of the computer.
- 4: Reopen the Creader VII+ Updating tool, select the updates you would like to preform or click “Select All” and click Download to start downloading.
- 5: Reinsert the memory card into the device and reconnect the device to make sure it’s updated successfully.
Pros And Cons of LAUNCH VII+ OBDII scanner ?
Who Should Buy It?